Monday, February 18, 2008

This painting has been in my studio for a while now. It has been one of the toughest for me to figure out. Some of you may have seen it when the building was gray, then yellow, then orange. Finally I just made peace with the fact that this painting was all about pink. So when I finally made the house pink AT LAST I liked the painting. I love standing under a blossoming pink tree in the spring. I wanted to create a painting where you feel the protection and canopy of the trees blossoms. This tree is not only protecting the girl but has wrapped itself around her house.

2 comments:

Mel said...

This painting totally reminds me of Hailey. Everything in her world is pink; or so she wishes. She definitely sees through pink colored glasses. I love it. Another job well done! I love and miss you. Hope all is going well. You have a birthday coming up:)

justin said...

I CANT WAIT FOR THE SHOW! It'll insane to see all these paitings together.