Thursday, August 14, 2008



Often times when I am not actually painting I feel like I am not working. However, one of the most important aspects of creating new work is letting myself play and imagine. That is what my sketchbook has always been from me. It never fails that my best work usually begins there. So yesterday this is what I spent my day doing. Many of you already know that I have a passion for my girls writing and drawings. So I was excited when not too long ago I found some of my own. That is my writing from when I was 6 in the upper right corner, as well as my name on the envelope. I am feeling sentimental about my childhood. Under the little watercolors of the women on the left are photos of me at age 7 (my favorite). They represent me now and honor the little girl who will always be a part of me. I am fascinated by the path that has led me from that little girl to the woman I have become. I can feel a shift taking place in my art and wanted to share with you the beginning of it... Hope to see some of you at the show at Art Access tomorrow night.

No comments: