Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wow. I just realized that I haven't written for a month. Sorry for those of you who read my blog. Last weekend I took a body of work down to Bonner David Gallery in Scottsdale for my upcoming show on the 17th. I literally packed up all of my art in the middle of a blizzard. I was hoping for a few hours of warmth when arriving in Arizona but as rare as it is... it was cold! Just wanted to let you know that I have posted the new paintings that are a part of my show on my website. Also I am featured in an article in the January issue of American Art Collector. You can find it at Barnes and Noble or Borders under the Art section of the magazines.

5 comments:

Erinne said...

Melissa, I just wanted to wish you well with your upcoming show. How exciting! Wish it was in Utah so I could see your paintings up close and personal, especially "Joy Ride". What a sweet memory of childhood. Who hasn't hopped on their bike and been transported to another world?!? I traveled over the "bumps" on my motorcylce; rode the range on my horse; flew in space in my x-wing fighter and drove at amazing speeds in my car. My bike and me could be anything we wanted. Obviously, I had a real connection with the painting. I love how the little girl is so unbothered that the world around her isn't "real"; it is definitely "real" to her and no one can tell her differently. The painting puts a smile on my face. Thanks!

rochelle said...

Melissa, what an exciting thing to be featured in a national magazine. You are truly carving out a spot for yourself in the world! I loved Puddin Face. So cute.

Unknown said...

Melissa--congratulations on the feature article! That is fantastic!
It was nice to see you at Trevor Southey's lecture. I thought he had some excellent points of wisdom for we painters.
We will get together sometime I am sure. I know that this economy makes for big strains on us all.
Cheers!
Jeffrey

Anonymous said...

Melissa good luck at the show! Love the Painting Patience. Well done my friend. Bring some sun shine home for Us.

Jeff said...

Congrats! I'll be sure to check it out.

JPUGH