Tuesday, May 10, 2011










I don't know if I am the only artist who does this ( I would guess not) but occasionally I like to revisit a painting from the past. The middle painting is from 2007 and I loved it so much at the time. I actually painted it with Barb Campbell's pottery in mind. I wanted both mother and daughter to have a porcelain quality to them. I still remember driving this particular painting to the gallery knowing that it was already sold. I actually cried because I was sad to see it go. So with my upcoming show at Cavalier Gallery I decided to see what would happen if I painted it again with my skills now. I love both paintings and as a mother of two girls love the moments they are cuddled in my arms.




4 comments:

Marci said...

All I can say is wow! I love it!

jenedypaige said...

Wonderfuly. I want an orange chair to cuddle with my kids on! How funny, I recently revisited a piece from 2007 too! It's so fun for me to see progress in the new vs. the old. You can check out my 2007 painting on my blog: www.jenedypaigepaintings.blogspot.com.

Katherine Herriman said...

Hi Melissa, I just found you via Pinterest. I have considered re-painting old paintings myself but am yet to do it. So interesting to see other artists having the same thought processes as myself. I'm very much looking forward to devouring your blog and hoping to glean some insights into your techniques and materials along the way :)

x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing :)
Tatiana